Lucy Simms

Welcome to my blogspot.
You may want to visit my web site http://www.lucyscottagecrafts.com/

Wednesday 23 March 2011

Running Blue Birds

At our allotment last week I had an amazing encounter with a young Robin.
He was hopping around my neighbours patch looking for worms as she forked the soil through ready for planting.
We stood chatting for a moment and my friend remarked at how close the Robin was getting. As I had my camera with me I slowly moved to the ground and the Robin came even closer and end up on my friends Wellington boot, but only for a few seconds so I had a luck shot.
Robin on the look out for lunch
Yesterday as I walked through my gate I heard a hollow tapping noise very close to me and at first thought it was the Woodpecker I had heard every morning for the last two days on the tree next to me. But the sound was too close, then I realised it was coming from the nesting box we had put up last year. A blue tit was busy spring cleaning it for a new brood.


All this bird activity has inspired my new bunting these are some of the fabric cut outs:

.  After some happy hours sowing they became this:
Joined together they follow one another like this:
You will find my 'Running Blue Birds' in my Etsy shop.

I will end my post with a picture of the March Moon taken on the 19th at 9pm an hour before perigree when it was at its closest to the earth.
photo by my husband Paul
It will only appear this close again in 16 years time.

No comments:

Post a Comment