Lucy Simms

Welcome to my blogspot.
You may want to visit my web site http://www.lucyscottagecrafts.com/

Thursday 17 March 2011

Blue Daffodil's?

No surely not. But the flower on this fabric does look a little bit like a daffodil head don't you think? Or maybe a Canterbury Bell, sometimes called the 'cup and saucer' flower (Campanula medium var calycanthema)?
This beautiful cotton fabric was given to me years ago by an elderly neighbour and I have used it to create some heart bunting with other blue and white fabrics. I have decorated each heart with vintage pearl buttons given to me by my mother. Bunting will be listed in my Etsy shop soon.
Blue and white heart bunting

"Yellow yellow daffodil dancing in the sun.
Oh yellow yellow daffodil, you tell me spring has come.
I can hear a blue bird sing, & hear a robin call.
But yellow yellow daffodil I love you most of all."              

Daffodil Song, Author Unknown

My daffodil's looking at the grass waiting for the sun
Local daffodil's on a brighter day
A robin following me around at my allotment
But the mystery still remains as to what flower the fabric designer had in mind. Can you help? If so post your comment here.

No comments:

Post a Comment