Lucy Simms

Welcome to my blogspot.
You may want to visit my web site http://www.lucyscottagecrafts.com/

Tuesday 1 March 2011

Family visit to Wells Cathedral

Half term week was rather dull and wet here but the sun did make an appearance once or twice on Thursday the day we picked for our trip to the City of  Wells. The Cathedral seen above is beautiful, we climbed half way up the tower for this view from a small window.
Near the Cathedral we discovered these splendid Almshouses.
Like all almshouses, the Wells almshouses were built to provide housing for those who, through no fault of their own, found themselves homeless or living in poverty.

This week I am back on my own again as the girls are back at school.
Its very quiet here as it felt like I had Steven Fry staying for the week because the girls listened to the audio book 'Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince' all week.

I have been busy making some Blue and White Mushroom bunting.
 Thank you for looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment